Trigger Warning

** Trigger Warning: This post may contain material that is triggering for sensitive people. Please keep that in mind when reading. I won't take it personally if it's too hard to read, because it might be for you, the reader. I am grateful for those who wander through anyway. Thank you for letting me share my experiences with you. **

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

31 - Revealing My Dad

© Miriam A. Mason

After contemplating for the past 8 months, I have decided it is time to reveal who my narcissistically sick father was.  Because it shows how good someone can look on paper, while being torrentially abusive in private.

His name was Leonard E. Nathan.  Actually, his name was Edward Leonard Nathan, but he was called Leonard his entire life.  I guess "Ed" wouldn't have fit his narrow idea of what a poet should be called.

Look him up.  He's on wiki and has several books of poetry out.  Regardless of what it says on paper in any form, his actual living of life involved destroying his children's individuality and loves every single day.  Of being so absent a parent in other regards that his oldest became a heroin addict at 14 and his second child divorced the entire family, and now me, and this blog.

He was an ugly human being inside.  A child never emotionally grown.  And the result was a self-interested schmuck.  Scared, power-biting, cruel, mean, neglectful, and prone to physical violence against his kids (I didn't get dad mad if I could possibly avoid it).

Now there's something more honest about him on paper.  Right here.  On this page.

You can figure out the rest of the names of my family members from here, pretty much.

* * *

2 comments:

HopeAnew said...

Dear Miriam,

I so appreciate your courage in sharing what you have been through with a Narcissistic family.

I am only now gaining clarity about the extent of N abuse I’ve been through and it really helps to learn that I am not alone

Thank you

Miriam said...

HopeAnew, I'm so glad the blog helped. And I hope you continue to find strength in your journey. You are most definitely not alone! Thank you for reading, and for commenting.